Lewis Disc Brakes - CNC gefräste Scheibenbremsen made in China

Kommt aufs Farbkonzept drauf an:
20-09-27 15-09-03 1304.jpg

Hier hätte es super gepasst.

Sascha

Anzeige

Re: Lewis Disc Brakes - CNC gefräste Scheibenbremsen made in China
Die Schrauben sind (leider) ganz und gar nicht Standard.
Die Deckelschrauben (unten mittig) sind die einzigen die Halbwegs DIN/Standard sein könnten...
Die Belaghalteschrauben bekommt man auch irgendwie... Für die Hohlschrauben könnte man eventuell auch was passiges finden... aber der Rest...? Ist alles andere als Norm. Sattelhälftenschrauben sind M7 zum Beispiel. Das sind aber auch die einzigen die ich vermessen habe.

Ich habe meine halt nur mit Bernd getauscht. Ich hab jetzt silberne und er die goldenen :daumen:

aber das wäre noch etwas, was Lewis anbieten könnte. Silberne Titanschrauben. Man spart sich doch sogar das Anodisieren...
IMG_20240207_125012.jpg

Ja das wäre auch meins gewesen. Silberne Titanschrauben 👍🏻
Jetzt warte ich mal auf die LHT mit goldenen Schrauben. Hoffe da kommt noch was in Form von den Schrauben in anderen Farben.

Die Schrauben sind (leider) ganz und gar nicht Standard.
Die Deckelschrauben (unten mittig) sind die einzigen die Halbwegs DIN/Standard sein könnten...
Die Belaghalteschrauben bekommt man auch irgendwie... Für die Hohlschrauben könnte man eventuell auch was passiges finden... aber der Rest...? Ist alles andere als Norm. Sattelhälftenschrauben sind M7 zum Beispiel. Das sind aber auch die einzigen die ich vermessen habe.

Ich habe meine halt nur mit Bernd getauscht. Ich hab jetzt silberne und er die goldenen :daumen:

aber das wäre noch etwas, was Lewis anbieten könnte. Silberne Titanschrauben. Man spart sich doch sogar das Anodisieren...
Anhang anzeigen 1865727
Steht schon auf meiner Agenda :)

Hello,

When bleeding the LH4, the bite point adjuster should be wound all the way out? All the way out, as in the setting that gives the longest free stroke?

What about the lever reach setting? Should it be wound all the way out, that brings the lever closest to the bar? Or should it be wound all the way in bringing the lever furthest from the bar?

The English language Lewis bleed video has confused me, I have carried out the bleed set with longest free stroke and lever set closest to the bar.
But I'm not sure if that is correct?

Thanks in advance for your help, I'm sorry I don't speak German!

Hello,

When bleeding the LH4, the bite point adjuster should be wound all the way out? All the way out, as in the setting that gives the longest free stroke?

What about the lever reach setting? Should it be wound all the way out, that brings the lever closest to the bar? Or should it be wound all the way in bringing the lever furthest from the bar?

The English language Lewis bleed video has confused me, I have carried out the bleed set with longest free stroke and lever set closest to the bar.
But I'm not sure if that is correct?

Thanks in advance for your help, I'm sorry I don't speak German!

Yes, I've watched that as I indicated in my post. You linking it and saying nothing isn't much help.

Its not clear if the lever reach should be set furthest or closest to the bar? When set to closest to the bar, when I get to the stage of holding the lever with the elastic band, the lever hits the bar. This can't be correct. It doesn't touch the bar in the video.
The English narration says that lever reach and bite point should be wounded all the way out. But the video only shows the bite point being wounded all the way out.

I'm hoping someone who owns the LH4 brakes here can advise :)

Yes, I've watched that as I indicated in my post. You linking it and saying nothing isn't much help.

Its not clear if the lever reach should be set furthest or closest to the bar? When set to closest to the bar, when I get to the stage of holding the lever with the elastic band, the lever hits the bar. This can't be correct. It doesn't touch the bar in the video.
The English narration says that lever reach and bite point should be wounded all the way out. But the video only shows the bite point being wounded all the way out.

I'm hoping someone who owns the LH4 brakes here can advise :)
Hi there.
Turn all the adjustments all the way anti clockwise, softest bite point and lever blade completely off the bars and start then your bleeding procedure.

My bleeding procedure:
What I can recommend before opening the system is to install your brake pads, squeeze the lever a couple of times to make sure your pistons come out a bit. Later on u let them work as pump/syringe.
Shorten and reconnect the hose, install the bleed cup, fill it up with oil. Make sure Caliper is free to move/not installed and the deepest point of the system to have a almost straight hose. This allows air bubbles to move easily out to the bleed cup. Pads still installed.
Watch your pistons to not come out too much/fall off in the next steps.

flick the lever a couple of times. U will see bubbles. then use a plastic tire lever to push back the pistons.
Then repeat the procedure to squeeze the lever that all the pistons come out a little bit and push them back again.
Now install the bleed block and flick the lever until u can’t see anymore bubbles. While this u can turn your bars/change angles in all directions and check if u got any more trapped bubbles.

Bevor disconnect the cup and close the system make sure the oil level in the cup is parallel to the ground.

Hi there.
Turn all the adjustments all the way anti clockwise, softest bite point and lever blade completely off the bars and start then your bleeding procedure.

My bleeding procedure:
What I can recommend before opening the system is to install your brake pads, squeeze the lever a couple of times to make sure your pistons come out a bit. Later on u let them work as pump/syringe.
Shorten and reconnect the hose, install the bleed cup, fill it up with oil. Make sure Caliper is free to move/not installed and the deepest point of the system to have a almost straight hose. This allows air bubbles to move easily out to the bleed cup. Pads still installed.

flick the lever a couple of times. U will see bubbles. then use a plastic tire lever to push back the pistons.
Then repeat the procedure to squeeze the lever that all the pistons come out a little bit and push them back again.
Now install the bleed block and flick the lever until u can’t see anymore bubbles. While this u can turn your bars/change angles in all directions and check if u got any more trapped bubbles.

Bevor disconnect the cup and close the system make sure the oil level in the cup is parallel to the ground.
Thanks for a very thorough reply :)
Adjustments all fully anti clockwise is what I went with, it just seemed odd that the lever hit the bar when pulled.

However, during the bleed process I noticed that one of the pistons was very stick with hardly any movement. I performed the piston advancement process numerous times but the problem remained.
I split the caliper and removed the pistons to check the bore hole and seal. I could see straight away that the seal sat proud of the bore hole, whereas the other three seals sat much more flush in the bore hole.
Either the seal is defective or the recess that the seal sits in is incorrectly machined.

I have reached out to the UK distributor to ask for warranty assistance, I'm hoping they honour the lifetime warranty that was offered.

Has anyone else who owns a set of Lewis brakes encountered any quality issues like this??

Thanks for a very thorough reply :)
Adjustments all fully anti clockwise is what I went with, it just seemed odd that the lever hit the bar when pulled.

However, during the bleed process I noticed that one of the pistons was very stick with hardly any movement. I performed the piston advancement process numerous times but the problem remained.
I split the caliper and removed the pistons to check the bore hole and seal. I could see straight away that the seal sat proud of the bore hole, whereas the other three seals sat much more flush in the bore hole.
Either the seal is defective or the recess that the seal sits in is incorrectly machined.

I have reached out to the UK distributor to ask for warranty assistance, I'm hoping they honour the lifetime warranty that was offered.

Has anyone else who owns a set of Lewis brakes encountered any quality issues like this??
I am not yet aware of a problem of this kind in Germany.

I'm a little surprised why you opened the brake calliper yourself and didn't contact your dealer in England first.
This is very atypical under German warranty law.

Could it be that the pistons were accidentally pumped out too far by you beforehand and then when you pushed the piston back in, the piston tilted slightly and the quad ring was pushed out of its groove?

Greetings Bernd

Hi there.

My bleeding procedure:

Viele Dank für die ausführliche Beschreibung. Besteht bei Deiner Methode nicht die Gefahr die Bremse zu überfüllen?

Ich habe bei eine SRAM Rennradbremse an beiden Enden Spritzen genutzt. Subjektiv Hatte ich das Gefühl, damit auch das letzte bisschen Luft raus zu ziehen.

Viele Dank für die ausführliche Beschreibung. Besteht bei Deiner Methode nicht die Gefahr die Bremse zu überfüllen?
Ein überfüllen nach seiner beschriebenen Methode ist nicht möglich.

Er drückt ja bei offenem System die Kolben wieder zurück und setzt dann den Bleedblock wieder ein.
Empfehlenswert ist sie dennoch nicht.

Er weist ja auch darauf hin, darauf zu achten die Kolben nicht zu weit herauszudrücken.
Die Ableitung zu dem verkanteten Quadring von sherlock86 liegt also nahe.

das verkanten liegt wirklich sehr nahe vom dichtring das kommt oft bei uns an den bremsen vom land rover defender vor.
die müssen wir meist kolben einzeln säubern im eingebauten ausgedrückten zustand wegen fehlender manschette, leider ist meist der kolben hinüber und wenn nicht klemmt der dichtring in 50% der fälle. falls ihr wissen wollt wie ne defender bremse aussieht einfach lockheed 4 piston defender brake googlen ich kann auch ein foto nachste woche machen wo man sieht wie schnell der dichtring verkanten kann bei bremsen

Ich habe bei eine SRAM Rennradbremse an beiden Enden Spritzen genutzt. Subjektiv Hatte ich das Gefühl, damit auch das letzte bisschen Luft raus zu ziehen.
Meiner Meinung nach wird die Bremse auch schon überfüllt, wenn man nach Videoanleitung mit eingebauten Belägen und Scheibe den Bremshebel mehrfach drückt und danach erst den Öltrichter schließt und demontiert.

Das wird auch häufig so gemacht, denn dadurch hat man einen noch definierteren Druckpunkt. Bei Shimano Bremsen sollte man dann nur vor dem zurückdrücken der Beläge einen Trichter am Bremshebel montieren, da sonst die Membran im Hebel platzen kann durch das zu viele Öl. Kann so etwas auch bei Lewis passieren?

Zurück
Oben Unten