Hope Tech 4

Well, talking about Hinterräder, I have a feeling Hope's quality control and tolerances have also been seriously lacking there. Had a Pro4 hub with a too tight bearing housing, so bearings were slightly crushed and never ran smoothly. Hope took it back and 'fixed' it by just putting in new bearings, and obviously the problem remained. Just like Mario's brakes. Thankfully the shop I bought it from gave me a refund. Hope they provide a better solution for their brakes, but your experience really sucks Mario.

Muss ich leider verneinen. Meine HR ist nun schon zum zweiten Mal bei Hope zur Reparatur. Kam mit dem gleichen Defekt zurück wie ich sie eingeschickt habe. Hebel wandert unter Druck (auch im Stehen) langsam zum Lenker (wie von senkaeugen beschrieben). Dort angekommen absolut keine Bremsleistung. Ich könnt die Sache wahrscheinlich selber lösen aber bei einer neuen Bremse erwarte ich mir eine ordnungsgemäße Funktion. Bin ich normalerweise nicht gewöhnt von Hope aber naja. Nutze aktuell als HR die Kombo Tech3 Hebel mit neuen V4 Satteln. Funktioniert fast schon zu gut.
Aber eigentlich sind die V4 Geber maßgeblich für die mehr Leistung verantwortlich.… 🤔
Weil andere Übersetzung und größeres Reservoir.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Sorry for writing in English, have been reading this thread for a while as a good source on Tech4 info. Can read German fine :)

I also have a faulty master cylinder piston seal. When keeping the brake locked for a minute or so, you feel the lever creeping closer and closer to the bar, until it touches it and the wheel is not locked anymore. Brand new brake as well. This seems like quite a serious problem at Hope!
You're sure that the system is airfree??
Please execuse my english.

die Tech4 E4 gibts bei Komking* übrigens gerade im Set für 399,- € in schwarz/schwarz, ab Lager lieferbar :awesome:
Genauer gesagt sind wohl noch 2 Sets lieferbar.

*nicht verwandt oder verschwägert :rolleyes:

Not only the lever seals have failed, the caliper has as well. V4 caliper, the small inside piston has developed a massive leak past the seals :( 5 rides old. Man oh man.

Nope, unfortunately everything is wet and smells like Dot, so the pads are wasted for sure. If you dry the caliper up and squeeze the lever a good couple of times, you can see the oil slowly bubbling past the seal. Wonder what Hope is going to do. Very disappointed.

Nope, unfortunately everything is wet and smells like Dot, so the pads are wasted for sure. If you dry the caliper up and squeeze the lever a good couple of times, you can see the oil slowly bubbling past the seal. Wonder what Hope is going to do. Very disappointed.
Hope has a great customer service, they will help you for sure

Hope has a great customer service, they will help you for sure
I'm sure they will, though they're not quick to respond (have taken it up with the shop as well now after this last fail). But, for a brand new brake at this price point, you shouldn't need customer service after a few rides. Hope's quality control is just not there.

I'm sure they will, though they're not quick to respond (have taken it up with the shop as well now after this last fail). But, for a brand new brake at this price point, you shouldn't need customer service after a few rides. Hope's quality control is just not there.
It's not just hope, I bought a Braking Incas that is even more expensive and also had problems incl. sending it to Italy and waiting weeks...

It doesn't help, but you are not alone and Hope is not the only well known and expensive brand with problems.

Frage. Habt ihr eine Idee wo ich diese Farbkombi herbekomme?

Anhänge

• Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-24 um 20.51.30.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-24 um 20.51.30.png
    603,8 KB · Aufrufe: 60
Welche Bremsscheibendicke sollte man mindestens mit der T4V4 fahren? Gibt es da spezielle Anforderungen?
Nichts spezielles, da man beim entlüften neue Beläge ohne Bleedblock nehmen kann und die Kolben immernoch ordentlich geführt werden sollte es im praktischen Einsatz keine Probleme auch mit dünneren Scheiben geben.

Also, auf den letzten Seiten wurden 2-3 kaputte Bremsen diskutiert.
Dies sollte alles durch Garantie erledigt worden sein. Lt. Barnoldswick gibt es im Feld keine Auffälligkeiten.
Wir können die Kirche ruhig im Dorf lassen
Also erledig wurde da von Seiten hope gar nichts. Habe auf meine Email direkt an Hope bzw. Instagram keine Antwort bekommen.
Bis jetzt hat sich nur mein Händler drum gekümmert. Finde Bremsversagen schon etwas wo man sich mal drum kümmern sollte oder zumindest öffentlich kommunizieren kann.

Also erledig wurde da von Seiten hope gar nichts. Habe auf meine Email direkt an Hope bzw. Instagram keine Antwort bekommen.
Bis jetzt hat sich nur mein Händler drum gekümmert. Finde Bremsversagen schon etwas wo man sich mal drum kümmern sollte oder zumindest öffentlich kommunizieren kann.
I actually just got an email from Hope back, basically telling me 'might be an MC failure, just send them back to your dealer and good luck'. Not much support there then.

As great as they work, when they work, it's been a bit of a mistake getting these brakes I'm starting to fear.

Edit: on request of the shop, I sent the brakes back to Hope Germany directly. Whole process leaves a bit of a foul taste, everyone seems to want to wash their hands of it, but let's hope I at least get a functioning brake back.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Oben Unten