Questions about Nicolai Nucleon TFR

Hallo! Meinen Deutschen ist nicht sehr gut, folglich schreibe ich auf englisch :)

I'm intersted in a Nicolai Nucleon TFR but I have some questions:

What is the total weight och the frame if I choose enduro version with magnesium and titanium kit (which is the lightest possible, right) in size L, anodized color ?

What is the weight of each part (bottom bracket, rear hub, swingarm shock etc.) ?

What is the seatpost size?

What is the seatpostclamp size?

Is the rear hub 32 or 36 hole, can I choose that myself when I order?

How big is the tire clearence? 2.3, 2.4, 2.7?

ISIS is not consider the best bottom bracket (bb), is the frame coming with other kind of bb in the future (like squaretaper, octalink, integrated...)?

What ISIS bottom bracket is availeble in 100mm, ecxept for Truvativ Gigapipe DH if the bottombracket one day break?

Is the external chain a normal 9speed chain or do I have to use some Rohloff specific chain?

I'm thinking about a Pace RC41Fighter Suspension Fork 150mm with 524mm axle to crown (https://www.pacecycles.com/product.asp?catID=2&subcat=467) , will this fork fit this frame (in size)?

Is there any function to have a spindle on the cranks or can you remove it (drilling, screwing, sawing etc.) to save weight?

Can I buy the frame without cranks?

Can I buy the frame without shock?

What is the recomended stroke and size on shock?

Is the linkage linear or progressive?

Is the Camo color powercoat or anodized?

I need a deep insertion headset, 25mm right?

How often do I need to service the G-boxx?

I have heard rumors about Rohloff will release a lighter version of the speedhub (with less gears), have you heard anything about this?

My plan is to build a perfect allmountain enduro bike, as light as possible without compromising strenght. No big hucking or XC racing.

Hi Fozzo,

thank you for your interest in our Nucleon.

If you choose the Enduro version with the light tube set the fork fitting length is limited to 500 mm at the max. (regular tube set: 540 mm at the max)That would reduce the choise of capable forks but it gives you only a weight reduction of about 150 g. We don't know the frame weight for each size, each type of coating and each shock type. We only designate an average frame weight for each model which is about 9.5 kg for a regular Nucleon TFR. This weight is containing all parts within the scope of delivery like shifter, hub, BBU, cranks, etc.

The Titanium/ Magnesium kit which is available for this frame gives you a weight reduction of about 500g.

The seat post diameter for this frame is 31,6 mm

The clamp size is 35 mm.

The rear hub is a 32 bore.

The tire clearance is 2,7"

The frame can only be operated with an ISIS BBU due the G-boxx capability. The same is about the cranks. They are not regulars but extra modified to fit with the G-Boxx.

The chain rings are for regular 9 speed chain.

Any drilling, turning, grinding on frame parts will cause an immediate loss of warranty. Dont do it !

Shock size: 200 mm, stroke: 57 mm coil spring / 50 mm air shock

It is no problem to order a frame without a shock

The shock is linearly accessed.

Camouflage is a special powdercoating with a surcharge of 199 EUR.

The are no fix service intervals for the G-Boxx. It depends on the riding purpose, the weather conditions, how many km you ride, where the bike is stored an many more factors. Rohloff recommends an annual oilchange.

We know nothing about rumors, sorry.

Cutomers who built up a light TFR managed weights of about 15 kg.

Regards, Falco

Hi Falco, thanks for your quick and good reply. I still have some questions and hope that you can answear them =)

Is the weight including a ~800-900g coil-shock, a ~200g air-shock or without a shock?

Is it ok to put on a Fox 36 Vanilla RC2 160mm fork with 540mm axle to crown, or is 150mm travel the limit for this frame?

Sorry for being a little bit unclear about drilling, of course I will not drill in the frame =). My question was if I can change the Truvativ Firex cranks to something more high-end (=stronger, lighter), like Crankbrothers Cobalt Sl (http://www.crankbrothers.com/cobalt_sl.php) , FSA TEAM ISSUE ATB ISIS (http://www.fullspeedahead.com/fly.aspx?layout=product&taxid=52&pid=96) or FSA CARBON PRO BMX(http://www.fullspeedahead.com/fly.aspx?layout=product&taxid=87&pid=207), without chainring of course.

About the shocks, why is the airchock 50mm and the coil 57mm? In the first case the link ratio would be ~3,34:1 and in the second case ~2,92:1, does that mean that I can't get 167mm of travel with airshock or that the airshock just use another link ratio than a coil-shock?

There is just three anodized colors (white, brown and black) available, or can I get blue for example? Is it possible to get the frame without paint at all?

Is FSA ORBIT XTREME PRO- DEEP CUP ( http://www.fullspeedahead.com/fly.aspx?layout=product&taxid=65&pid=243 ) with 22mm insertion ok to use as a headset or do I have to get a CK Steelset or a Nicolai Fett set?

Viele danken =)

//FoZZo

The average frame weight is including a coil spring shock. The Fox 36 VAN is a perfect fork for that bike (with the regular tubeset)
No serial cranks fit to the frame. The cranks are milled by us to match with the G-boxx. You can only use the cranks we offer with this frame. Our milling jig and CAM program is only capable for one type of cranks. You get nearly the same travel with the air shock as with the coil spring shock if the air shock is mounted to the upper position of the lever but the coil spring shock performance is much better. The coil spring shock can't be mounted to this position, otherwhise the rear would crash into the the seat post. If a coil spring shock is mounted, we block the upper position of the lever. The anodisation colour we can offer are blck, silver and bronze, no other colours, sorry.

regards, Falco

Zurück
Oben Unten