Chain length question

Hi, i have enduro fs bike which has 439mm chainstays, chainring 30t and a cassette 10-51. (Shimano XT M8100 groupset)
I have bought a chain 116 links plus a quick link. I wrap the chain arround chainring and biggest cog and 6 links are left. see the picture below.
So, i just the extra quick link according to the manual.
What do you think ?
Thanks

Anhänge

• IMG_20230609_191612.jpg
    IMG_20230609_191612.jpg
    220,9 KB · Aufrufe: 30
Looks good at first glance. Did you compress the rear of the bike? The rear center usually lengthens during compression which means you need more chain length. This is different for every bike model. If the derailleur can provide the additional length needed you should be good to go.

Looks good at first glance. Did you compress the rear of the bike? The rear center usually lengthens during compression which means you need more chain length. This is different for every bike model. If the derailleur can provide the additional length needed you should be good to go.
Thanks, the shock is fully extended, no compressed. I followed the instructions of the shimano manual for 12s.
When i compress the shock, the derailleur extends further . Shifting is very smooth without any problems.

From my experience,finally, after several tests with the suspension fully compressed and fully extended , i have found out that Shimano manual isn't accurate. According to the shimano manual for 12s, the length is supposed to be 116links plus a quick link. The result was too short chain and chain has snapped after 400km. I followed the sram method and the result was 118links plus a quick link.My bike is fs 150r/160f, 439mm chainstays, 10-51t and 30t.
Thanks

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Oben Unten