CDeger und phatlizard machen Euch FERTIG!!!

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Der Bikerfox ("Warning! The actions depicted on this web site are unbelievably dangerous.") sollte mal seinen "BikerFox Hop for fun or unforseen crashes and obstacles!" über diesen Spacerturm versuchen.

Anhänge

• bontispacer.jpg
    bontispacer.jpg
    20,6 KB · Aufrufe: 121

Anzeige

Re: CDeger und phatlizard machen Euch FERTIG!!!
Owl Hollow schrieb:
Der Bikerfox ("Warning! The actions depicted on this web site are unbelievably dangerous.") sollte mal seinen "BikerFox Hop for fun or unforseen crashes and obstacles!" über diesen Spacerturm versuchen.
Hm, oder mit Spacerturm dieser Höhe über dem Vorbau.
Sh***, leider kein passendes Bild dazu, aber diese Art Bikes gibz in diesem Fred ja massig.

reiner
alleinedergedanketutschonweh

dann halt mal wieder was von mir. Meine neueste Errungenschaft und ich hab keine AHnung, warum ich das Teil gekauft habe. ;) Aber ich konnte nicht widerstehen.

Ich bezweifle ja im Moment sogar noch, ob das überhaupt hält. Na ja, ne weisse HS33 ran und ein paar schwarze LAufräder und dann wirs auf jedenfall optisch witzig. Aber wegen meines verdamten SChlüsselbeins wird die erste Ausfahrt wohl auch noch ein bisschen dauern... :(

UNd falls jemand ne GAbel mit 1" hat macht mir ein Angebot. Entweder was leichtes aus Alu oder vielleicht ne AMP Parallelogrammgabel? :)

Ach ja, weiss jemand überhaupt was über das TEil? Im Netz habe ich nichts wirklich interessantes gefunden außer Firmenanschrift etc. Na ja, vielleicht krieg ich ja ANtwort auf meine Mail. :) Carbonframes Onxy heisste das KInd, wenn ich ven den Rahmenbeschriftungen ausgehe.

Anhänge

• Onyx_3.jpg
    Onyx_3.jpg
    12 KB · Aufrufe: 70
  • Onyx_1.jpg
    Onyx_1.jpg
    14,4 KB · Aufrufe: 78
  • Onyx_5.jpg
    Onyx_5.jpg
    16,1 KB · Aufrufe: 69
  • Onyx_4.jpg
    Onyx_4.jpg
    23,4 KB · Aufrufe: 131
habe ich gerade im öst.ebay gefunden.angeblich ein barracuda,aber sehr komisch,das alles.rot eloxierte syncros sachen :eek: stahlrahmen?das mit 4 1/2 jahre ist natürlich bockmist.
seht selber
fa_1_sb.JPG

auktion
also,eure meinungen?

Auch hier im Classic Forum ist die nahme von Pedro van Hout von das Holländische Footwork mal vorbei gekommen.

Glücklich ist der Pedro immer noch 'into fahrräder'...

Hier ein neue satz Disc naben die ich heute endlich mal bekommen haben.

Das freilauf macht mehr lärm als Chris King und ein alte Hügi zusammen. Hat ein gleichartige konstruktion wie ein King/Hügi mit ein 'ratchet' mechanisme.

Nicht leicht; 256gr vorne und 440gr hinten. Das ist mit ein Rostfreies freilaufkörper.

Nein.. nicht Classic.. Jah scheibenbremse... jah Freeride (für mein Spielgeräte), aber Leute wie Pedro mussen auch ein frisches Brot essen können... und jetzt bin ich ein bischen Patriotisch ;)

1107FootworkRear1-med.JPG

*leider das Pedro das Logo upside-down gelasert hat, kleines detail....

1107FootworkRear2-med.JPG

1107FootworkFront1-med.JPG

Heute morgen ein email von Mr. C. bekommen. Charlie hat ein interessantes artikel mitgeschickt. Obwohl nichts Classic schon wieder.. könnte ich das nicht lassen hier ein zu stehlen.

Charlie’s Thoughts on Bigwheel Bikes

The debate about pros and cons of “bigwheel” bikes trundles on. I offer my two cents worth:

A standard mountain bike wheel with a typical 54mm tire (2.1” wide) has
an outside diameter of 26.1 inches. “Bigwheel” bikes use the European 700C
rim size. At the time of this writing, the biggest tire available for the 700C rim is the WTB 52/47 Nanoraptor (about 2.1” wide), yielding an outside diameter of 28.8 inches. This 2.7 inch increase in diameter is significant, affecting mountain bike performance at least as much as tire width, but in very different ways.

Big wheel bikes have better climbing traction and more stable braking. This
gets really noticeable as the going gets rougher and steeper. The bigger tire diameter allows the bike to roll over objects easier. There is another less obvious reason. To see it, draw a line with two circles resting on it....one big and one small to exaggerate the differences.

The area where the circles touch the line represents tire contact patches. With the smaller wheel, the contact patch is short and curved. In dirt, the knobs on the leading and trailing edge of the patch don’t efficiently contribute to drive. In fact, as the tire rotates, the leading edge knobs actually reduce traction by lifting the tire off the ground. In the longer, flatter contact patch of the big wheel you can see how the knobs would be applying force more parallel to the ground for more efficient drive and braking. The differences between 26.1” and 27.8” diameter wheels may seem minor but the effect when riding is very noticeable.

Compared to the standard tire, I’ve found that the bigger diameter tires can be run at lower pressures while maintaining comparable pinch resistance. This translates into better traction and shock absorption.

Bigwheel tires and rims wear longer because the wear surface is proportionally greater.

Big wheel bikes are also more stable descending and cornering at higher speeds at the limits of traction because more energy is stored in the wheels as rotational inertia, like bigger gyroscopes. For this reason, and also because the bigger wheels have a greater rotational moment about the steering axis, bigwheel bikes are less twitchy at low speeds. Usually this is an advantage but occasionally I’ve found this lack of nimbleness to be a disadvantage when one would prefer to dodge an obstacle rather than ride over it. Bigwheel bikes don’t excel at quick direction changes.

The greater energy stored in big wheels causes such bikes to accelerate slower. Whatever the power input level, it takes longer to get those gyros up to speed. But a significant and good effect of this greater stored energy is it causes the bike to roll over rough terrain better. I think the greater energy stored in bigwheels and the fact that bigger diameter wheels have lower rolling resistance gives bigwheel bikes a slight ergonomic efficiency advantage, especially in rough terrain and at lower speeds, except when the brakes are used frequently. Here’s why:

On a bicycle, the kinetic energy stored in the moving wheels, the frame and your body helps to carry you up short hills and over obstacles. When the brakes are applied, this stored energy is completely lost as heat. True of course with any wheel size, but more energy is lost with bigger wheels. For this reason I believe bigwheel bikes are less efficient in terrain that requires frequent use of brakes.

Other effects of bigger wheels are greater air resistance, with increased drag being noticeable at higher speeds.

Big wheels add weight and size to the bike making portage harder in tight quarters.

Mechanically speaking, the longer fork legs of a bigwheel bike, the shorter headtube and the longer frame tubes result in more stress and more flex in the fork and frame. The toptube is necessarily farther from the ground, reducing stand-over clearance.

To obtain the same inch gearing, lower gears are needed with big wheels to compensate for the added wheel circumference. With standard dropout spacing, big wheels aren’t as stiff or strong laterally. This results in more wheel flex during hard cornering and climbing, and with rim brakes, possible brake pad rubbing. Disc brakes put more stress on the rim and spokes of a big wheel because the leverage distance between axle and contact patch is greater.

With standard 135mm dropout spacing and standard BB specs, it is hard to optimize chainstay length, mud clearance and chainline. While I think these problems can be overcome with wider than standard rear dropout spacing, wider hub flange spacing, longer BB axles, and front deraillers that are not yet available, there is another completely different approach.

I built an unusual bike with a standard rear wheel and a big wheel only in the front. It has a 26” diameter x 1.9” wide rear tire and a 28” diameter x 1.5” wide front tire. After riding this bike for over a year, I can say I really like it and feel that for the type of riding I do, this bike gives most of the advantages of the bigger wheel while avoiding the drawbacks.

If enough people get an opportunity to experience bigwheel bikes, I think they will earn a solid following based on their merits. In rough terrain, on long rides, and for touring over trackless terrain, they can be better than conventional mountain bikes.

Borrow one and decide for yourself !

Charlie Cunningham

MrCunningham.jpg

this should really start a new thread, i think.
therefore start one!!!
it definetly doesen't belong into the "fertigmacher"!!!
i do sincerely hope that the "icons" of classic mountainbikedom do agree.
yours sincerely, matthias

phattyred schrieb:
this should really start a new thread, i think.
therefore start one!!!
it definetly doesen't belong into the "fertigmacher"!!!
i do sincerely hope that the "icons" of classic mountainbikedom do agree.
yours sincerely, matthias

What sort of new thread that could fit in this Classic department, should we start than to accomodate Charlie's thoughts...??

Perhaps something only about the subject of 29"ers (it's sort of classic, since people like Wes William work with 700c wheels a lot longer than Gary Fisher had dreams about them...) or more of a topic where we can place and judge about certain quote's some of the industries icon's made...??

Jeroen schrieb:
... or more of a topic where we can place and judge about certain quote's some of the industries icon's made...??

... ich denke die letzte variante ist die beste, gibt mehr spielraum und könnte dann auch in den faq's gut verlinkt werden. :daumen:

ciao
flo

Kein Ostern ohne Bunnies!

easterbunny.gif

@cibi: Für die anderen bist du heute abend verantwortlich:D

Gruß Koko

sun glasses recommended
man beachte die kurbeln...........um die feminine seite des mannes zu betonen :D

Anhänge

• neon.jpg
    neon.jpg
    37 KB · Aufrufe: 165
Wunderschön gefertigter Rahmen, für meinen Geschmack allerdings in dieser Lackierung etwas zu oppulent.

Was schimmert eigentlich da zwischen den Muffen und Rohren?
Ist das Lot oder sind die Muffen zu den Rohren farblich abgesetzt?

Gruß

degu

also ich finde das kirk zu überladen, ist echt zuviel des guten.
rahmenbaukunst mit stil? dann das hier:

Anhänge

• cyrene_toptube_lg.jpg
    cyrene_toptube_lg.jpg
    26 KB · Aufrufe: 153
genau, und das ist auch der einzige grund warum es noch nicht meine ist :D

Moin Leutz
Mein Bike....Was sagt ihr dazu???

Ist wie ihr seht ein Bergwerk Faunus 04 mit Fox Talas Gabel und Fox Itch Dämpfer (vorne und hinten 125 mm Federweg!) Fast komplett mit Xt ausgestattet!

Cu
Peter

Anhänge

• My Bike.JPG
    My Bike.JPG
    87,9 KB · Aufrufe: 161
Stomrtrooper schrieb:
Moin Leutz
Mein Bike....Was sagt ihr dazu???

Was willst Du jetzt hören ? :confused:

Um im Sinne des Fertigmachers sachlich zu bleiben :D :hüpf: etwas zu dem Dings:
Abzug gibt es für Folgendes:
- neumodische Möchtegernkultfirma (aber Bike sei Dank glaubens manche)
- Gabel passt farblich überhaupt nicht zum Rahmen, der Sattel auch nicht
- Dämpferanlenkung und -abstützung sieht kriminell skelettmäßig aus
- generell zu viel Federweg (vo. und hi.)
- generell zu viele Gänge
- generell zu viel Shimano verbaut
- aus Alu ist es auch noch
da liegt einfach kein Segen drauf

Pluspunkte gibt es aber auch:
- die Reifen haben schon mal Schlamm gesehen

Zusammenfassung: tief in den Miesen, aber wenn es Dir Spass bereitet lass Dir den nicht nehmen und vermiesen und fahr

855 schrieb:
also ich finde das kirk zu überladen, ist echt zuviel des guten.
rahmenbaukunst mit stil? dann das hier:

ich hab das gute stück ja gestern mal in echt gesehen - ein träumchen. endlich mal wieder ein rahmen mit witz - seit hetchings einer der wenigen grossen würfe!

die perfekte frau oder mechaniker wie man (n) sie mag.
[Nippelalarm. Sorry, Staabi]
gute nacht.

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Zurück
Oben Unten