Orbea Rallon R6 2022

Nachdem ich nun mein Problem mit dem Dämpfer behoben habe, musste ich feststellen dass die Abdeckung für das LockR-Fach mittlerweile etwas lose ist bzw. nicht mehr festsitzt. Hat das bei euch auch Spiel entwickelt? Wie habt ihr es behoben? Unter dem Verschluss bzw. dem Scharnier dazu habe ich keine Unterlagscheibe...

wie und wo hast du das verklebt? das griptape (skateboard) das ich kenne, ist relativ dick. das ist bei mir vermutlich schon zuviel des guten..

wie und wo hast du das verklebt? das griptape (skateboard) das ich kenne, ist relativ dick. das ist bei mir vermutlich schon zuviel des guten..

zuerst nur an der Klappe selbst und mittlerweile auch beim Rahmen, da es wieder zu klappern begonnen hatte.

Das Skateboard GripTape wird vermutlich wirklich zu dick sein, die Enduro Variante ist aber schön dünn.

Danke !
Allerdings: Klar ist mir bei den ganzen skurrilen Fahrrad Standards und Lösungen gar nichts mehr … das letzte gescheite, was ich gesehen habe, waren die Huber Buchsen. Aber der ist ja auch nen richtiger Maschinen Bauer und nicht nen cooler Typ mit Tattoos vors CAD gehockt.

Ps: mein Konstrukteur ist auch nen cooler Typ mit Tattoos vorm CAD, versteht aber was von grundlegender Konstruktionssystematik.;)

Hello,
Fox DHX2 snapped in my Rallon. It's a well-known issue with bikes using this suspension system, something I unfortunately learned after the fact. Orbea in Rallon 2022-24 exceeded max allowed by fox strut length. Orbea rejected the warranty claim and refused to replace the damaged frame. I detailed the entire situation in another thread on reddit, including Orbea's full assessment and technical analysis.
LINK:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MTB/commen...2&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_content=post_body

2.jpg
9.png

Hello,
Fox DHX2 snapped in my Rallon. It's a well-known issue with bikes using this suspension system, something I unfortunately learned after the fact. Orbea in Rallon 2022-24 exceeded max allowed by fox strut length. Orbea rejected the warranty claim and refused to replace the damaged frame. I detailed the entire situation in another thread on reddit, including Orbea's full assessment and technical analysis.
LINK:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MTB/commen...2&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_content=post_body

Anhang anzeigen 1909154Anhang anzeigen 1909158
Well known problem? It’s the first time I hear from that issue.

Hello,
LINK:

Anhang anzeigen 1909154Anhang anzeigen 1909158
As I understood from the reddit thread, this happens in mullet setup only?

Anhänge

• p4pb19407357.jpg
    p4pb19407357.jpg
    335,8 KB · Aufrufe: 47
  • p4pb19357863.jpg
    p4pb19357863.jpg
    249,6 KB · Aufrufe: 47
  • pobrane (1).jpg
    pobrane (1).jpg
    9,9 KB · Aufrufe: 44
  • Broken shock (Large).jpg
    Broken shock (Large).jpg
    208,6 KB · Aufrufe: 44
  • AB6DAE16-B257-445E-B997-0542613E8C18.jpeg
    AB6DAE16-B257-445E-B997-0542613E8C18.jpeg
    345,5 KB · Aufrufe: 46
  • 15011056-9DA7-49E3-A2D9-826104BC5AEB.jpeg.220e6a7329f9fe3c1e4db55a06a9312d.jpeg
    15011056-9DA7-49E3-A2D9-826104BC5AEB.jpeg.220e6a7329f9fe3c1e4db55a06a9312d.jpeg
    288 KB · Aufrufe: 50
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
But, if I remember correctly, Orbea sold the Rallon with the DHX2 as OEM spec. Is anything mentioned in the manual, not to use the DHX2 in the mullet set-up? Time ago I read through the manual briefly but can‘t recall any warning in this regard…

But, if I remember correctly, Orbea sold the Rallon with the DHX2 as OEM spec. Is anything mentioned in the manual, not to use the DHX2 in the mullet set-up? Time ago I read through the manual briefly but can‘t recall any warning in this regard…
Well there’s a bit dizzy description for both Rallon 2022-23 and 2024:

“Mullet setup not compatible with longer stroke shocks.”

The 2024 model comes with 230x62 mm from the manufacturing as 29” and mullet, the previous ones with 230x60 mm.

It’s described, you can in the 2022-23 model mount 62 mm stroke, but only with 29” setup. This is, what I did.

I ride the 29” setup only and the strut length is < 72 mm, recommend from Fox.
Yes, 29" linkage is exactly 72mm in hi position. Mullet need to be longer to rise bottom bracket and compensate smaller wheel. So mullet strut length is 77mm. But on the Facebook group, there were people who had a damaged shaft in 29". And fox replaced them DHX2 on X2.
There is no restriction. My bike was stock configuration with OEM DHX2
p.s.: the issue is well known on Specy Stumpy evo frames. Most of the photos you shared seem to be Species.
Specialized stumpy evo, Kenevo, Levo and cemmencal meta, it is the same suspension designee as Orbea rallon. With the same issues. And they can only be used with certain ones coil shock. Due to they can break it. Vorsprung made a long technical video about strut-mount, yoke suspension designee: Dear Bike Industry... Tuesday Tune Ep 34

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Yes, 29" linkage is exactly 72mm in hi position. Mullet need to be longer to rise bottom bracket and compensate smaller wheel. So mullet strut length is 77mm. But on the Facebook group, there were people who had a damaged shaft in 29". And fox replaced them DHX2 on X2.

There is no restriction. My bike was stock configuration with OEM DHX2

Specialized stumpy evo, Kenevo, Levo and cemmencal meta, it is the same suspension designee as Orbea rallon. With the same issues. And they can only be used with certain ones coil shock. Due to they can break it. Vorsprung made a long technical video about strut-mount, yoke suspension designee: Dear Bike Industry... Tuesday Tune Ep 34
I always ride in lower position. So I should be save.

Maybe the lower position 29 link fits within Fox's recommendations. But it's living on the edge. Some worn shock hardware or bearings. Any misalignment in the suspension, lack of swingarm stiffness, a loose bolt, something squeaking on the bike, a rough landing, a bit of bad luck. Any of these things can generate additional side load on the shock.

Zurück
Oben Unten