Cities/areas with a selection of technical bike trails, Saxony or north-eastern Bavaria?

Hello everyone, it looks like I'll shortly be moving to Germany for a while. Likely will be aiming for Saxony or north-eastern part of Bavaria.
When choosing an area to live, MTB trails availability is a significant factor to consider for me - I'm riding almost daily.

The most desirable option is a city/town with a decent selection of trails around, reachable with a bike or a short car drive (say, 15-20 minutes).
I'm not referring to a bike park (although that'd be nice too), but rather a location with plenty of trails, not necessarily "official" ones.

Any particular locations you could recommend ?
Thank you in advance!

Dresden
Jena (Thüringen, not Sachsen) - expensive rents!
Chemnitz (further into the Erzgebirge there are some secret trails)
For Bavaria I don't know, but I guess near Bayreuth to Hof in the Fichtelgebirge there is plenty.

Leipzig as my hometown I would not really suggest, because although there are a lot of trails it is completely flat and riding Enduro is quite a chore. To ride something a little bit more challenging it's 1 - 2 hrs drive by car.

Generally speaking, trails or hiking paths that are rideable and not official ones are mostly found near or in bigger cities, as many people are walking their dogs or go jogging and that's how footpaths are generated.

Zurück
Oben Unten